Bookmarks

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Amazing Omelet Muffins

This recipe caught my eye when someone posted the catchy how-to video on Facebook (also available in the original link).  I decided to try it for myself and was not disappointed.

When I made my first batch, I didn't pre-cook the omelet ingredients.  On the upside this was faster and very tasty.  On the downside there was excess water (from the veggies) that made the result a little soggy.  Next time I'll probably saute the veggies first.

I also found that there wasn't enough egg mixture to cover the omelets, so I had to make more.  I probably made about 6 or 7 eggs worth altogether, but I was using a large Texas 6 cup muffin pan.

According to the original link, you can make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for later.

Amazing Omelet Muffins


Ingredients


4 Eggs
1/4 Cup of Milk
1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Oil
Salt & Pepper
Grated Cheese (Your choice, I used Cheddar)
Favorite Omelet fillings (Your choice, I used onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and diced ham)

Directions


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a frying pan, cook up your favorite omelet ingredients. I chose onions, bell peppers, and diced ham.

Grease a 6 spot muffin tin.

Fill each muffin cup with cooked omelet ingredients.

Top with favorite shredded cheese.

Mix egg, milk, baking powder, oil, and salt & pepper in a bowl.

Pour egg mixture in each muffin cup. You should fill each about 4/5 of the way to the top.

Put in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Take out of oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving or storing.

Original link:
http://tiphero.com/amazing-omelet-muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment