Bookmarks

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Shrimp Caesar Salad

Some people like to make their own Caesar dressing.  I haven't gotten around to trying that yet, but if I do, I'll be sure to add the recipe.  For now I use Cardini's dressing.  This isn't a paid endorsement.  I just really like it. :)

In addition to homemade dressing, there are other special touches you can add, such as homemade croutons.  As for me, I prefer to cook the shrimp myself, rather than purchasing pre-cooked shrimp.

This meal is especially good with the Roma Bruschetta.

Shrimp Caesar Salad


Ingredients


1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, thawed and de-veined and peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
Old Bay Seasoning
Romaine Lettuce, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
Salad Croutons
Caesar Dressing
Parmesan Cheese (shredded, not grated)
Lemon

Directions


In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Add shrimp and sprinkle with Old Bay.  Cook 2-3 mins until pink and firm.  Remove from heat and cool slightly.

Top lettuce with shrimp, croutons, and dressing.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Squeeze one lemon wedge over salad just before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment